Monday, March 24, 2008

Detriot Mayor Indicted on 12 Charges


Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his undercover text lover, former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty, were both indicted on 12 charges including perjury. (story)

You know, I've always felt a connection to Kwame Kilpatrick. My brother's name is also Kwamee, but with two e's. His mama's name is Carolyn, and my mama's name is Carolyn too....but, I guess that's where the similarities stop. My brother Kwamee doesn't text. As a matter of fact, you're doing good if he talks to you on the phone for 5 minutes. Maybe it's the extra 'e' in his name that keeps my brother Kwamee so grounded. My brother Kwamee is famous for his inspiring speeches that set people on the right track. Maybe Kwamee should have talked to Kwame about the dangers of text messaging before he got caught up with Christine. Now it's too late...they're busted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of text messaging. Even my mama is a text messager. Actually, she's way ahead of me in text language (shorthand/abbreviations). I'm stealing her abbreviations everyday. She cracks me up. One day I was sharing with her about the global hits that I've been getting on the blog. Her excited response via text was that she was famous. Then referring to a post I did about my grandmother, she text'd "o snap im not wear n fishnets" ...lol! (ok, so maybe it's only funny to me that my mom said "o snap")...i digress

I love the cell phone carrier commercials where the young girl and the grandma talk in text, and the mom is frustrated trying to communicate with them (in one commercial the mom takes the phone away from grandma and grandma responds "O N U D!" [...oh, no you didn't!]). Text messaging is meant for convenient, quick communication, not for getting people indicted and losing their jobs. *sighs* Kwame, Kwame, Kwame...we had such high hopes for you.

This is my last and final warning. Ya'll better start picking up the phone and talking before you get KK'd (KK=Kwame Kilpatrick'd: busted sending text messages that you wouldn't ever want anybody to read). And PLEASE don't do it on the company phone. WTH? ONUD!

Tracking Hurricane Gustav