Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's National Dump on Al Month!


Woohoo!!! Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, National Day of Prayer, and Dump on Al Month?! May has officially overtaken my birth month, July, as my favorite month of the year. Thank you Lord for answering prayers.

Former Wall Street banker, professor, mobile-home dweller, and soon to be author Al Scales Reynolds is crying a river over the recent breakup of his marriage with his wife, Star Jones.

Both are claiming to take the high road, but Al has hit a low point and needed to vent a little via MySpace and Facebook. Here are a few excerpts that caused me to giggle:

I grew up in a working class home, a mobile home in fact. I understand the struggles of the working class. My mother was a teacher and my father was in the military. was given values, integrity and a strong moral upbringing (thanks mom and dad). In these hard economic times, I am working to take my knowledge and experience of the business world and use it to empower and enlighten working class Americans who are often 'left behind' by traditional financial advice. [sounds like Hillary Clinton doesn't he?]

What I want people to know is that I am not the caricature portrayed by the media. I am complex, contradictory and capable of great intelligence but also remarkable stupidity. In other words, I am a human being. [sounds like Robin Thicke "...I'm too complicated, she's not complicated...I wish I could change, I wish I could change, I wish I could stop placing the blame, ohhhh..."]

In my mind, it feels like "Dump on Al Month." And I'm not having fun yet. [suck it up Al...you were married to a celebrity and as a former Wall Street banker, one would assume that you have thicker skin than that]

I have been called a gigolo, a freeloader, unemployed, a sham and many other things that don't bear repeating. People on television, radio and the internet have spoken disparagingly of my life, my sexuality, my career and my integrity. [this is not new Al...they were saying that before you married her]

Anyway, this whole display of raw emotion is to brand Al as a marketable person of interest and phase one is to victimize him. Whether it brings sympathy or contempt doesn't matter. As long as we keep his name fresh, then his mission is accomplished and he profits off his alleged marriage and divorce.

Public Relations 101. Class dismissed.

Tracking Hurricane Gustav