Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Jesus Take the Wheel

Who knew Jesus was living in New Mexico? I guess it makes sense though. NM is kind of a dry, desert place like Jerusalem, so I get why he would choose to live there as opposed to someplace like south Louisiana where the 100% humidity might cause his hair to frizz up.

Apparently he and the pope aren't on speaking terms these days. I don't remember them sitting down to break bread while the pontiff was in town recently. I wonder what that's all about. So many unanswered questions...

I have to admit that I'm a little bit annoyed that he didn't make himself known before now. I just hope he's registered to vote or better yet, I hope he's a super delegate. An endorsement from Jesus could go a long way for the Obama campaign.

CNN reports that the leader of an apocalyptic New Mexico church who claims to be the Messiah was arrested Tuesday on sex charges. Wayne Bent, who also goes by the name Michael Travesser, was arrested at the compound that is home to his Lord Our Righteousness Church, called Strong City by members. Bent said on the Web site that God revealed to him in 2000 that he is the Messiah.

Bent has acknowledged having sex with his followers, but authorities will not divulge who the alleged victims are. The Lord Our Righteousness Church is to be featured Wednesday on a National Geographic Channel program, "Inside the Cult." In a video clip of the show posted on the channel's Web site, Bent and some young women followers admit the young women lay with him while naked, but deny sex took place. [same defense Micheal Jackson used...apparently it works]

"It was God," Bent said in the video clip. "God came down on them and told them to do it."
[Dear God, please come down on all my bill collectors and tell them to zero out my balances and send me refund checks. Thank you. Amen.]

Bent had predicted the world would end October 31, 2007.

I predict that he'll be showering with frankincense and myrrh soap on a rope, and teaching bible study in an orange jumpsuit and flip flops in the penitentiary in 2008.

Tracking Hurricane Gustav