Thursday, May 22, 2008

Is Johnny Cochran My REAL Daddy?!

My first post about a body double was with my BFF Holly and my FAV singer Jill Scott. Here's the latest installment of body double: my dad (affectionately known around here as Uncle Freddy) and the late Johnnie Cochran, with whom I had the privilege of speaking to by phone almost daily for a while in 1999. He was the attorney representing my boss at the time, but most of the time he would relay information thru me. He was a very nice man. I think I remember telling him how much he looked like my dad. I wish they could have met.


Anyway, there have been times when we were travelling and people would do a double take at my dad. I remember one time in particular when we were in Las Vegas, we were going up an escalator and people who were coming down on the other side were looking and pointing. They thought they were seeing a celebrity! Well, they were...sort of. My dad is an internet celebrity and a hometown star.
He's delivered two babies, can fix anything, fancies himself a teacher and philosopher, Fruita Vita peddler, local herbalist, village medicine man, and is actually a very good photographer, even though he doesn't do it anymore. Oh, and if you haven't heard, he's on the hunt for a new pair of brown leather Birkenstock sandals with the heel strap. It's an emergency. Trust me.
What do you think...do we have a body double?

Tracking Hurricane Gustav