Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Juanita Bynum to Appear on Divorce Court

Why?


The Associated Press reports that Bynum, a prominent televangelist whose message of women's empowerment resonated with many followers, said she saw signs of trouble in her marriage well before the assault.

"I was just trying to make it work because I don't like losing relationships," Bynum told Judge Lynn Toler, who hears cases on the syndicated show distributed by Twentieth Television. "All of this just kept getting swept under the rug ... So you begin to adapt to a very wrong and very unhealthy marriage."

In episodes scheduled to air Thursday and Friday, Bynum also says she had thoughts of suicide and weighs in on a case involving domestic violence. When asked what advice she had for women in situations similar to hers, she said, "I have to make a decision ... to take the love that I had for him with me."

In a transcript of the show obtained by The Associated Press, Bynum said she would always love Weeks, but made a decision to "love me more." Bynum says in a two-part episode of "Divorce Court" that she's through with her marriage to minister Thomas W. Weeks III, who is on probation for assaulting her.

When asked on "Divorce Court" whether she and Weeks were planning a reconciliation, Bynum said she is "done." "I can't speak for him, but I no longer want the marriage," she said.

I told you there is something about that bubblegum pink lipstick she and rapper Foxy Brown wears. It has spirits in it or something.

The Pope was just in town. Nobody must've told him about this cause I'm sure he would have visited them or made a speech about it or something. Again I say, "Why?"

Tracking Hurricane Gustav