Monday, April 07, 2008

Shreveport Stripper Catches on Fire During Performance

No, it wasn't due to friction on the pole.

The Shreveport Times reports that a 31 year old stripper's routine went up in flames. Seriously. She had a spark about her that night. Her moves were smokin' hot. She set the place on fire. Okay, all jokes aside...

On Friday, April 4, the exotic entertainment engineer's dance routine was too hot to handle (okay I'm sorry I couldn't resist one more). While performing her dance routine which included flame blowing, the dancer's face and neck ignited and she suffered second degree burns. Paramedics were called to the club around 4:30am where the woman was taken to the hospital, treated, and released. She's been performing the routine for a while, but this is the first accident.

The city’s fire and life safety code forbids this type of pyrotechnics inside a business without a permit. The club did not have a permit, according to Brian Crawford, assistant to the fire chief. Fire investigators told club management to stop any further flammable demonstrations. Club managers said they would comply.

No more flammable demonstrations? [ insert crude joke here ]

Tracking Hurricane Gustav