Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Nancy Wilson Hospitalized with Collapsed Lung

One of the greatest Jazz voices of our time was hospitalized on Monday with a collapsed lung (source). She is said to be in good spirits and expected to recover, but she will have to cancel at least one upcoming performance.

It is a life long dream of mine to attend one of her shows. She is absolutely incredible and I have been captivated by her voice since I saw her for the first time on the Cosby Show. At 71 she is still so elegant and the picture of style and grace. My mom knows how much I love to watch Nancy Wilson perform, so whenever she's on television, I always get a phone call letting me know that I need to turn on the TV! A good friend of mine, who had a band in North Carolina and is also an incredible singer, opened up for her several years ago....i am so jealous (love u Keryl!)

Speedy recovery Nancy. You're in our prayers!

Tracking Hurricane Gustav